As a supplier of manufactured and assembled products and services to industry throughout Australia, Intelligent Electric Motor Solutions Pty Ltd is committed to a policy of market excellence in the provision of products and services that conform or exceed our customers' requirements.
The following Policy Statement shall define the Company's commitment to quality as a major contributor to the achievement of the above mission.
Intelligent Electric Motor Solutions Pty Ltd, have supplied manufactured products to a wide variety of companies throughout Australia and to overseas markets. We ensure that every product we provide accurately matches the specified requirements
To realise our Vision at Intelligent Electric Motor Solutions Pty Ltd, we will use quality principles to achieve the quality objectives which are:
- Deliver increased value to our customers
- Recognise the dignity, worth and potential for each individual
- Build quality into all aspects of our business and make this objective every person's responsibility
- Ensure the continued growth of our business and prosperity of ourselves and our customers
- Help people develop through improved opportunity and leadership
- Pursue excellence as a continuous process
- Create a competitive and innovative company.
In practice we are embarking on a program of sustainable and continuous quality improvement measured in part by the compliance of our quality program with the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001:2000 and in part by the confidence that our customers have in our ability to consistently meet their expectations.
We are committed to continually improving our business and meeting our quality objectives and targets. Our customer's satisfaction will be the key measure of our success.
The team at Intelligent Electric Motor Solutions Pty Ltd embraces the philosophies of this policy, which is endorsed by the Board of Directors.
We have a team of skilled Engineering, Manufacturing and Maintenance personnel, supported by efficient, professional administrative staff, who are committed to providing service of excellence to back up every item supplied by our company. Intelligent Electric Motor Solutions Pty Ltd ensures all statutory and legislative requirements are met during business operations.
The Management will conduct regular reviews of our quality management system, company goals and objectives to ensure we are meeting our customer's requirements and we have continuous improvement.
Diverse Industry Group of Australia Pty. Ltd. is committed to providing products and services of the very highest guality, fully meeting the requiremets of its customers.
In seeking to achieve these aims it continually strives to improve the environment quality of its services, products and operations.
To carry out this commitment, it is the policy of Intelligent Electric Motor Solutions Pty. Ltd. to:
- Take all necessary steps to prevent any adverse impact on the environment, which may result from any aspect of its operation including air emissions, waster liquids and solids, emergency situations and its visual impact.
- Comply with all local and national legal standards and to promptly implement any changes necessary to achieve compliance.
- Minimise all forms of waste and to seek to achieve the most efficient use of energy, materials and products.
- Provide customers, employees and public interest groups with appropriate and relevant factual information about the environmental quality of its operations and services.
- Anticipate, seek and respond to public comment concerning the possible impact of its operations on the environment and to design, build and maintain its facilities to ensure they are acceptable to the community.
- Update its practices in the light of advances in technology and new understandings of environmental impacts.
- Ensure that every employee understands and is responsible and accountable for incorporating environmental quality considerations in all aspects of work activities.
Aims and objectives
The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 is based on the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) which regulate the collection, storage, access, use, disclosure and de-identification of personal information. This policy defines how Intelligent Electric Motor Solutions Pty Ltd deals with these aspects with regard to the information it collects and stores as a result of its normal business operations.
This policy will apply to all personal information collected by the company.
Certain personal information obtained by the company about its employees is exempt from the act. Examples of such exempt information that an employer collects relating to the employment of an employee are:
- Appointment, training, disciplinary or resignation
- Terms and conditions of employment
- Personal and emergency contact details
- Performance or conduct
- Hours of employment
- Salary or wages
- Membership of a professional or trade association or trade union
- Any type of leave
- Taxation, banking or superannuation details
It should be noted that the exemption is limited to the collection, use or disclosure of employee records where this directly relates to the employment relationship and should the employer wish to use the information for another purpose the exemption would not apply.
Other collected information such as opinions, other knowledge or personal information not included in employee records is not exempt from the act and therefore any information given in response to reference checks from prospective employers of ex-employees of the company should be limited to that information contained within the employee's record.
Application Forms, Résumés and CVs of unsuccessful applicants (whether solicited or not) should not be retained. These documents should not be deposited in a waste bin but must be destroyed (shredded) as soon as is practicable.
The company will:
- only collect personal information that is necessary for its functions or activities.
- only collect such personal information by lawful and fair means and will not collect such information in an unreasonably intrusive way.
take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual from whom personal information is collected is aware:-
- of the identity and contact details for the organisation
- that the individual can access information
- why the information is collected
- to whom the information is usually disclosed
- any law requiring the collection
- main consequences for the individual if the information is not provided
- if reasonable and practicable, collect from the individual directly
- if personal information is collected from third parties, take reasonable steps to ensure the individual is aware of matters listed under third bullet point above.
2. Use and Disclosure
The company will not use or disclose other than for the primary purpose of collection (namely a secondary purpose) unless:
- the consent of the individual is given; or
- the secondary purpose is related to primary purpose (directly related in the case of sensitive information) and the disclosure would be reasonably expected by individual.
3. Data Quality
The company will take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
4. Data Security
The company will take reasonable steps to ensure that:
- personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- personal information is destroyed or permanently de-identified if no longer needed.
This policy statement will be available for perusal in the company policy folder.
The company will, on request, take reasonable steps to let a person know what personal information it holds, for what purposes, how it collects, holds, uses and discloses that information.
6. Access and Correction
The company will:
- provide an individual with access to personal information about that individual.
- take reasonable steps to correct information where necessary.
The company will not adopt as its own identifier of an individual, an identifier assigned by Commonwealth agencies or contracted service provider, e.g.: TFNs.
Where lawful and practicable, individuals have the right not to identify themselves.
9. Sensitive Information
The company will not collect sensitive information unless:
- the individual has consented; or
- the collection is required by law.
Occupational Health & Safety
It is the responsibility of staff at all levels of the opranisation to ensure that working conditions are safe, and that negligent actions which expose people to risk are not tolerated.
The task of Supervisory management in maintaining a safe working environment is seen to be a key element in their job funtion and responsibility.
The requirements of our safety programme are:
- To provide such training that all employees are better able to recognise, understand and control the hazards of their job.
- To provide mechanical and physical safeguards in keeping with regulations and recognised standards.
- To ensure that all employees comply with established Safety Rules for their workplace.
Accidents resulting in personal injury of damage to plant and materials represent needless waste. Therefore it is essential that all Intelligent Electric Motor Solutions Pty. Ltd. employees recognise the social and economic need for safety.